- A native of El Paso, Texas and has a BBA and MBA from the University of Texas--El Paso. He has extensive training and experience in Financial Education, Homeownership programs, Real Estate, and Mortgage Lending.
- Larry retired as Vice President of Community Development from GECU at the end of March 2016.
- Larry served as President of El Paso Credit Union Affordable Housing---a Credit Union Service Organization formed by eight credit unions for 15 years. Larry has been active with the Credit Union movement for thirty years.
- Prior to his current position, he served as President of a mortgage company specializing in the Hispanic & Low-to-Moderate Income & affordable home market.
Larry is currently:
- A member of the Board for El Paso Credit Union HOAP Inc., dba El Paso Affordable Housing. (a 501c3 housing non-profit)
- Co-Chair of the El Paso Coalition for Family Economic Progress (a VITA Coalition).
- A Board Member of the National Association of Latino Community Asset Builders (NALCAB).
- A member of the Board for the Network of Latino Credit Unions and Professionals,
- On the Board of Texas C-Bar (Community Building with Attorney Resources),
- A member of United Way of El Paso County’s Community Impact Advisory Council, and
- a member of various local community faith based organizations
He has served:
- On the Fair Housing Taskforce for the City of El Paso
- on the Consumer Federation of America’s Hispanic Advisory Committee, where he served as director of the Hispanic America Saves Program,
- On the Boards of Directors of TSWAG Fed.Cr.Union and West Texas Credit Union for 20 years, serving as Chairman for nine years.
- As a resource to Fannie Mae, the Dept. of Treasury, IRS, HUD, and the National Credit Union Foundation.
- On Fannie Mae’s Community Technology Council and Fannie Mae’s Credit Union Advisory Council.
- as a founding Director and Treasurer for the Border Fair Housing Center which is a HUD Fair Housing Initiative Private organization that served the entire U.S.-Mexico Border,
HONORS & AWARDS:
U.S. Congress Special Recognition for Community Service, Texas State Senate Recognition for Community Service, US Dept. of Treasury-IRS Community Service Leadership Award